The Old Academy

Each pewter ornament (2 3/8" dia.) is dated and identified on the reverse and comes with a card giving a history of the landmark.

Built in 1831 in the Greek Revival style the Academy continued as a school until 1864. Originally it had a belfry and a two-story highportico supported by four Doric pillars. The pillars were probably removed when it was moved closer to the street in 1864 and was incorporated into the Moody’s Corner business district. About 20years later it was made into apartments and served as such for about 100 years. In 1993-’94 it was bought and restored by the Town of Yarmouth and housed the VON. It was later sold and became the Academy Tea Room. The Academy at 113 Main Street is one of the oldest surviving school buildings in Canada. This handsome building is a “Yarmouth, N.S. Landmark”.

Price: $15.95