Yarmouth County Museum

Each pewter ornament (2 3/8" dia.) is dated and identified on the reverse and comes with a card giving a history of the landmark.

The Yarmouth County Museum at 22 Collins Street was built in 1892-93 of Shelburne County granite with Milford Simms & Son and E.B. Churchill & Burton as general contractors. The building was originally constructed as the Tabernacle Congregational Church. In 1925 the congregation joined the United Church of Canada and the building was later known as Central United Church. In 1967 it joined with Wesley United Church in its new location on Beacon Street. The Yarmouth County Historical Society which had been in operation since 1935 purchased the building and opened the doors of the new Yarmouth County Museum on June 9, 1969.

This substantial building provides a handsome setting for the Museum’s outstanding collections. This award winning museum is a “Yarmouth, N.S. Landmark”.

Price: $15.95