Each pewter ornament (2 3/8" dia.) is dated and identified on the reverse and comes with a card giving a history of the landmark.
This handsome building at 341 Main Street was constructed in 1912-1913 as the Royal Bank of Canada's Yarmouth branch (1913 - 1979). It is a two storey Victorian Commercial style building with a granite and sandstone facade. On the west and the south sides it has large segmented arched bays with Corinthian keystone trim, pilasters with Corinthian capitals and is topped by a classic cornice with dental trim.
From 1979 on the building was occupied by a variety of small businesses until 1997 when it was bought by the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Western Branch - Yarmouth was officially opened on May 28, 2006. It is the first satellite gallery of any provincial art gallery in Canada. The interior has been entirely renovated and along with a wooden addition at the back of the original building now includes the Main Gallery as well as individual galleries for contemporary art, historic art, folk art, works on paper and ceramics. Works are from the Permanent Collection of the AGNS. In its present use as part of the AGNS this fine building continues as a Yarmouth, N.S. Landmark.