Yarmouth Light

Each pewter ornament (2 3/8" dia.) is dated and identified on the reverse and comes with a card giving a history of the landmark.

The present Yarmouth Light at Cape Forchu overlooking the entrance to Yarmouth Harbour was built in 1962 replacing the first light built in 1840. The keeper’s house was constructed in 1912 replacing an earlier home. The era of the lighthouse keeper came to an end at Cape Forchu in 1994, and the house now serves as a pictorial museum/information centre run by the Friends of the Light Society. The Yarmouth Light has a long history as a welcome beacon to mariners and it continues as a favorite spot for Yarmouthians and visitors alike. It is a “Yarmouth, N.S. Landmark”.

Price: 18.00