Holy Trinity Anglican Church

Each pewter ornament (2 3/8" dia.) is dated and identified on the reverse and comes with a card giving a history of the landmark.

Holy Trinity Anglican Church at 61 William Street is the fourth Anglican church to have been built in Yarmouth. The cornerstone was laid on August 20, 1868. On August 4, 1872 the church was consecrated by the Right Rev'd Hibbert Binney, Lord Bishop of Nova Scotia. The Curate at the time, the Rev'd J. Roy Campbell, is credited for the church design. Father Campbell and the Rector, the Rev'd J.T.T. Moody, were influenced by the Oxford Movement (also known as the Anglo Catholic Revival) and the church's design reflects that thinking. Cruciform in shape, a dignified sanctuary and chapel, high ceilings and lots of windows mark the influence of the Oxford Fathers and speak of the renewed interest in Gothic architecture that was in vogue at the time. Holy Trinity was the first non Roman Catholic church in Nova Scotia to display the Cross on the exterior of the building. The beautiful stained glass windows, the wooden carvings, and the abundant use of natural wood all add to the dignity and solemnity of the building and mark it as an outstanding example of church architecture.

Price: $15.95